Skin Cancer Checks at Blue Rock HQ
Monday October 15th & Monday October 22nd, 2018
Did you know that 2 in 3 Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70?
Over 2000 people are treated for skin cancer in Australia every day, that’s over 750,000 per year. Skin cancer is Australia’s most common cancer and around 2000 people die from Skin Cancer in Australia each year. As part of Blue Rock’s Employee Wellbeing Programme we are providing – for 2-days only – 15min Skin Cancer Checks as part of our “Sun Smart” Wellbeing theme.
There are a limited number of spaces available, so make sure you get in quick!
What is a Skin Check?
In a Comprehensive 15min Skin Cancer Check, we assess the skin for any abnormal changes – on moles that are already identified – or others you may not be aware of.
We identify which moles we will need to watch, which are benign and can be left, and those that may need removal. If we identify a suspicious lesion we will organise an onward referral immediately for further investigation. The entire purpose of skin checks is to find any signs of skin damage and formulate an action plan.
What Does it Cost?
- $90.00 Out-of-Pocket
- Payment is accepted via credit card payment upon booking
Do I get a Medicare or Insurance Rebate?
- No. There is no Medicare or Health Insurance rebate available for this Skin Cancer Check. Any follow up procedures or review with a General Practitioner will be subject to medicare rebates.
Who Does the Skin Cancer Check?
- A specifically Trained Registered Nurse Practitioner specializing in Dermatology
- 15min Assessments Completed in the Lego Room, 414 Latrobe Street.
What to Bring:
- A completed Skin Check Form – Available Here
- Please arrive 10 Minutes EARLY for your appointment to allow for registration
Having trouble booking? Give us a call on 03 9650 3217 so we can give you a hand.