Skin Cancer Checks
EY Wellness Centre – 200 George Street
Wednesday, April 3rd
Did you know that 2 in 3 Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70?
Skin cancer is Australia’s most common cancer, and sadly over 2000 people are treated for skin cancer in Australia every day – that’s over 750,000 per year. As part of our well-being offering to you at the EY Wellness Centre, we are providing 15min Skin Cancer Checks!
The skin cancer assessments are performed by Specialist Skin Cancer Melanographers. These screening practitioners are highly certified in skin cancer detection and dermoscopy through the University of QLD or Skin Cancer College Australasia.
There are a limited number of spaces available, so make sure you get in quick!
Having trouble booking? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help!
What is a Skin Check?
In a Comprehensive 15min Skin Cancer Check, we assess the skin for any abnormal changes on moles that are already identified – or others you may not be aware of.
We identify which moles we will need to watch, which are benign and can be left, and those that may need removal. If we identify a suspicious lesion (or what detect as suspicious or potentially could be a melanoma), we will organise an onward referral immediately for further investigation. The entire purpose of skin checks is to find any signs of skin damage and formulate an action plan.
What Does it Cost?
- $90.00 Out-of-Pocket
- Payment is taken on the day at the time of your appointment.
Do I get a Medicare or Insurance Rebate?
- No. There is no Medicare or Health Insurance rebate available for this Skin Cancer Check.
How comprehensive is the skin check?
- Very comprehensive: subjective sun-related history of patient followed by a comprehensive scan that uses the best technology.
- Scans any suspicious spots with Advanced Screening Technology (Dermatoscope used allows moles and lesions to be reviewed at a subsurface level (2mm under the skin).
- This means that any suspicious lesion is able to be very quickly assessed as to whether it is at risk of being cancerous.
- Results documented & management plan advised.
Who Does the Skin Cancer Check?
- A specifically Trained Registered Nurse Practitioner specializing in Dermatology
- 15min Assessments completed at The EY Wellness Centre
What to Bring:
- A completed Skin Check Form – Available Here
- Please arrive 10 Minutes EARLY for your appointment to allow for registration
Having trouble booking? Email us at email@example.com so we can give you a hand.
What happens after the check?
- From scans, your practitioner will determine next steps, and whether further action is required.
- If action is required, treatment and follow up can be planned and practitioner will follow up individually.
- After scan, you will be provided with an information pack for further risk minimisation and self-monitoring plans.
- A record of any suspicious moles will be kept to enable accurate comparison in next review.
- Results of individual screenings will remain confidential and not shared with EY.
- If a suspicious lesion is identified and action is required, your certified skin cancer screening practitioner will refer you to your existing General Practitioner, or a local GP near your workplace for further review – and removal of suspicious lesion if appropriately determined by the GP.
- Note that your Comprehensive 15min Skin Cancer Screening is a screening assessment only – and that your General Practitioner will discuss any further action required following referral.