VMIA Skin Cancer Checks
Thursday 11th April
As part of their employee wellbeing initiatives, the VMIA is providing Free Skin Cancer Checks in April 2019.
What is a Skin Check?
In a Comprehensive 15min Skin Cancer Check, we assess the skin for any abnormal changes – on moles that are already identified – or others you may not be aware of.
We identify which moles we will need to watch, which are benign and can be left, and those that may need removal. If we identify a suspicious lesion (or what we feel may be a melanoma), we will organise an onward referral immediately for further investigation. The purpose of skin checks is to identify any suspicious lesions and provide a action plan for each individual.
What Does it Cost?
- There is no cost for your your appointment.
- Skin Checks are provided courtesy of the VMIA.
Who Does the Skin Cancer Check?
- A specifically trained Female Registered Nurse specialising in Dermatology.
What to Bring:
- A completed Skin Check Form – Available Here
- Please arrive 10 Minutes EARLY for your appointment to allow for registration
Where will the check take place:
Checks will take place at 120 Collins Street Pinnacle Health Group – near courtyard on Ground floor, next to Elements Cafe