Yoga & Pilates Classes
The Barangaroo Wellness Centre provides a wide range of mind-body classes. These classes include Yoga, Floor Pilates and Yogilates. From beginner to advanced, students of all experiences and skill levels are welcomed at The Wellness Centre. In most cases, our classes offer a welcoming combination of first-timers and seasoned pros. All styles of classes are suitable for pre and post-natal students. Classes are 50-minutes in duration to help you to fit around your schedule.
NEW 2019 TERM DATES!
2019 Term 1 – Monday 14 January 2019 – Friday 22 March 2019
2019 Term 2 – Monday 25 March 2019 – Friday 31 May 2019
2019 Term 3 – Monday 3 June 2019 – Friday 9 August 2019
2019 Term 4 – Monday 12 August 2019 – Friday 18 October 2019
2019 Term 5 – Monday 21 October 2019 – Friday 13 December 2019 (8 weeks only)
Yogilates – Thursday 1:10pm
Have any other Questions? Get in Touch:
Types of Classes
Pilates is for everyone, whatever your age, body shape or fitness experience. Whether you’re a Pilates beginner or a expert practitioner, you will enjoy the same classical Pilates exercises performed at a slightly faster pace – so that the core strengthening, tummy flattening, and leg shaping benefits of Pilates can be delivered during your lunch break.
Pilates practiced consistency will ensure: a stronger and healthier back; a tighter waist; a more toned, mobile and flexible body; better posture; improved fitness and general well-being; accelerated rehabilitation from injury; as well as balancing and strengthening the mind-body connection.
Pilates props such as the exercise ball, belts and bands, Pilates ring, and foam roller enhance the Pilates class for more efficient and effective muscle targeting. Beginner to advanced students are welcome!
The Ashtanga Yoga method involves learning a sequence of postures – starting with just a few asanas and gradually building it into a sequence over time. Ashtanga Yoga in particular is a dynamic, structured, and intelligent approach to the practice of yoga, and is comprised of both practical and philosophical components. During the led class the teacher instructs the group together. New students are addressed individually, and taught small amounts of a sequence of poses that increase each week according to the capacity of the student. When practiced in a consistent manner, this method of yoga will strengthen, purify and align the body, steady the nervous system through even breathing, and give equilibrium to the mind. When the initial poses of the sequence have been committed to memory – which does not take very long – new postures are introduced, adding to the sequence when the student is ready.
A fusion of Pilates and Yoga. Your body will love you for it! Pilates is a linear movement technique that emphasises the stability of the spine and core. In a pilates class, we work on re-educating our body’s movement patterns. We learn to breathe deeply and use our core to improve our posture and remove tension from the neck and lower back. Whilst yoga is a sequence of flowing postures combined with awareness of breathing and thought. Yogilates classes are open to all levels of experience of pilates and yoga and personally modified to meet your fitness and health goals.
Sign Up Instructions & FAQs
Email your interest and completed Registration and Health Questionnaire form to email@example.com
Make payment to account details below and email through a copy of your receipt.
Confirmation email will be sent to you confirming your attendance.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access to Westpac Barangaroo to attend the class.
* Completed Registration and Health Questionnaire form and receipt of payment are to be emailed no later than 24 hours prior to your initial session.
1. How do I redeem my Complimentary First Class? – Email your interest and completed Registration and Health Questionnaire form to email@example.com
2. Where can I find the Term Dates for Yoga-Pilates classes this year? – Visit our website: pinnaclehealthgroup.com.au/westpacgroup/barangaroo
3. Where can I find the Mind-Body Class Descriptors: – Visit our website: pinnaclehealthgroup.com.au/westpacgroup/barangaroo
4. What if I need to miss a class in my 10 week term? – Make up classes of the same or different style and time are offered (provided a place is available) within 5 working days of the class you originally missed. – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
1. Regarding the 10 week term payment option – does this mean I can attend as many classes as I like for each week or is it one class per week? 10 week term priced at $170 applies to one weekly class of the same style and time for 10 consecutive weeks as per the term dates.
2. Regarding the 10 class Flexi-pass payment option – does this mean I can attend 10 classes of any style and time within the 12 weeks? 10 class Flexi-pass priced at $190 allows you to attend 10 classes of the same style and time within a 12 week period.
3. Regarding the 6 class Flexi-pass payment option – does this mean I can attend 6 classes of any style and time within the 10 weeks? 6 class Flexi-pass priced at $120 allows you to attend 6 classes of the same style and time within a 10 week period.
4. How do I make a payment? – Make payment to bank account details below and email through a copy of your receipt. – Confirmation email will be sent to you confirming your attendance. – Completed Registration and Health Questionnaire form and receipt of payment are to be emailed no later than 24 hours prior to your initial session.
Payment Details: Account Name: Sofija Vracar BSB: 012 055 Acc. Number: 2885 59451 Reference: First initial, Surname and Location (eg. M. Smith Westpac)
5. Can I claim a health fund rebate? We do not offer a health fund rebate for Mind-Body classes.
About Studio and Access:
1. How do I arrange guest access to the Wellness Centre located at Barangaroo? If you require access to the building, you can arrange a guest pass by emailing email@example.com
2. Where on Level 3 is the Wellness Centre’s Mind-Body studio located? – Classes are held within the Wellness Centre on Level 3 – Barangaroo. – Once you exit the lift well, please turn to your left and head down the corridor towards the balcony door. At the end of the corridor, you’ll see the Wellness Centre on the right.
3. Do you have change rooms and locker facilities in the Wellness Centre? Within our centre we have change rooms and locker facilities for your convenience.
About Mats and Attire:
1. Do I need to bring a mat to class? – You will need to bring your own Yoga mat for Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga classes. – We do have for sale at our Concierge standard yoga mats for $29. – Pilates mats are provided for Pilates and Yogilates classes.
2. What other items should I bring to class? – Water bottle – Towel (optional) – Pilates socks (optional)
3. What do I wear to class? – Men are best to wear loose clothing such as shorts and singlet. – Women are best to wear workout tights or loose pants and a workout top or singlet. – Shoes are not worn in class and need to placed at the back of the studio near the entrance.